The pressure to continuously deliver results causes leaders to ignore things that don’t lead directly to them. Because executives are talented achievers, they tend to rise on their abilities, but bump against the ceiling of those abilities as they move up in the company. All their leadership issues have more weighty consequences. Mistakes can cost millions of dollars and hundreds of jobs.
Executive coaching can be very challenging in it’s energy and pacing. The higher up a leader gets in a company, the less time and patience she has for slow processes. The Executive must respect the coach and his or her ability to deliver results.
Here in order are the top 10 coaching topics for C-Level leaders:
- Interpersonal relationships, listening skills, and empathy
- Leading during times of change
- Communication skills
- Motivation and engagement, leading with vision, and purpose
- Building effective teams
- Strategy and strategic thinking
- Working with uncertainty and ambiguity; decision skills
- Mentoring, developing internal talent, succession